Fiend Slayer - General Prestige Class
This is a general Prestige class that may be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
The fiend slayer is a shadowy character who has a hatred for evil outsiders. He has learned their ways and dedicated himself to ridding the world of them. However, he's no holy champion. He's consorted with evil to learn its weaknesses, and he has taken on fiendish aspects to better confront his foes.
Multiclass rangers make the best fiend slayers, although paladins who have become corrupted by the evil they fight against also become fiend slayers. These men and women usually work alone. Even though some have similar goals, their methods and outlooks are very different.
Hit Die: d8
To qualify to become a Fiend Slayer, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Alignment: Any non-evil, non-good.
- Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 2 ranks.
- Base Attack: +4
- Favored Enemy: Any evil outsider type (devil, demon, and so on.)
- Special: Must be able to cast protection from evil.
- Special: Ex-paladins can forgo the favored enemy and the protection from evil requirement if they are willing to instantly lose one level of ex-paladin. For example, a 6th-level ex-paladin who has the right number of skill ranks in Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (the planes) can take a level of fiend slayer but he will be a 5th-level ex-paladin/1st level fiend slayer. An ex-paladin who decides to make the switch need not gain a new level to facilitate the change, once the decision to take the level of fiend slayer is made, it happens.
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.