The Store Builder
Need to know what's in Goodfellow Bogg's store when your troop rolls into town? (And what he's going to charge you?) What the Weary Traveler Inn is charging strangers for meals? Does the local stableman happen to have a heavy warhorse in the paddock?
This is the place to find out!
- Select the classification of goods. Remember, most shops will carry only a couple catagories of items.
- Select the size of your shopper. Is your troop made up of gnomes, humans or centaurs?
- Select the size of the town. Local circumstances may shift the category of a store higher than its population would indicate. (Shadowdale has the population of a large hamlet, but the store category is 'village' due to its frequent use as an adventuring supply house.)
- Select the economic situation in the area.
- Depressed - low incomes, poor harvests, little travel, few visitors.
- Stable - good income, good harvests, frequent but not overwhelming numbers of visitors.
- Booming - incomes rising due to influx of travelers or discovery of new resources, inflation rate going up.
- Besieged - Goods, when available, are much higher than normal rates.
Remember to print out your results - the stock at Goodfellow Bogg's changes with each passing caravan.
Forgotten Realms Dungeons & Dragons © Wizards of the Coast.