Svirfneblin (CR 1)
AC: 23 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +6 banded mail, +1 buckler), touch 16, flat-footed 18
Hit Dice: 1d8+4 (8 hp)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2
Speed: 20 ft. (15 ft. in banded mail armor)
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple -3
Attack: heavy pick +2 melee or light cross-bow +3 ranged
Full Attack: heavy pick +2 melee or light cross-bow +3 ranged
Damage: Heavy Pick 1d4/x4; or light crossbow 1d6/19-20
Special Attacks/Actions: Spell-like abilities
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 4
Special Qualities: Gnome traits, svirfneblin traits, SR 12
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +2, and Spot +2
Advancement: By character class
Organization: Company (2-4), squad (11-20 plus 1 leader of 3rd-6th level and 2 3rd-level lieutenants), or band (30-50 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 2-5 dire badgers)
Svirfneblin Traits (Ex):
- Darkvision up to 120 feet.
- Spell resistance of 11 + character level.
- +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
- +2 racial bonus to all saving throws.
- +4 dodge bonus against all creatures.
- Stonecunning: Like dwarves, svirfneblin receive a +2 racial bonus to checks to notice unusual stonework. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A deep gnome who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A svirfneblin can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
Skills: Svirfneblin receive a +2 racial bonus to Hide checks, which improves to +4 in darkened areas underground. Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus to Listen checks, for their keen hearing, and to Alchemy checks, because their sensitive noses allow them to monitor alchemical processes by smell.