Su-monster (CR 5)
Medium Magical Beast
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Initiative: +4 (Dex); Senses: low-light vision and Spot +3
AC: 14 (+4 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 10
Hit Dice: 5d10+5 (32 hp)
Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3
Speed: 20 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +5; Grapple +0
Attack: 4 claws +3, bite +0
Full Attack: 4 claws +3, bite +0
Damage: Claws 1d4, bite 2d4
Special Attacks/Actions: Mental attack
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
Feats: Multiattack; Multidexterity
Skills: Balance +9, Climb +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Move Silently +8, and Spot +3
Climate/Terrain: Any forest or jungle
Organization: Solitary or troop (2-12)
Mental attack (Ex): By some bizarre turn of fate, su-monsters are latently psionic. This latency may manifest itself in a number of different ways, but usually provides them the ability to emit a stunning mental blast at foes. This attack has a short range of 30' (no range increments), and forms a cone-shaped wave of psionic energy, 2' at its start and 10' at its terminus. All caught within the wave must make a successful Will saving throw (DC variable with range) or suffer some ill effect. The tables below describe save DCs and possible attack results.
|Su-monster Mental Attack Will Save DC|
|Target's Int + Wis||Target Within 10'||Target Within 20'||Target Within 30'|
|Su-monster Mental Attack Will Save DC Modifiers|
|Wizard or sorcerer||-1||Panicked||+1|
|Cleric or druid||-2||Enraged||+1|
|Mind blank spell||-2||Hopeless||+3|
|Halfling||-4||Using mind-affecting spell or power||+4|
|Helm of telepathy||-4||ESP and similar||+5|
|Insane||Insane beings are immune to this attack|
|Su-monster Mental Attack Effects|
|Target Int + Wis||Death||Coma||Sleep||Stun||Confuse||Enrage||Panic||Feeble-mind||Permanent Insanity||Temporary Insanity||Mild Insanity|
Procedure: Sum the target's Intelligence and Wisdom scores, and cross-reference this on the first table with the distance away from the su-monster. This provides the DC of the Will saving throw to be made. If the save fails, roll 1d20, and cross-reference the result with the victim's summed Intelligence and Wisdom scores on the second table. For example, a victim with an Intelligence of 12 and a Wisdom of 15 standing 15' away from the su-monster requires a Will save at DC 7. If failed, a 1d20 roll of 16 indicates that the victim suffers panic as a result of the attack.
- Death: The victim dies from massive mental shock.
- Coma: The mental shock forces a coma for 2d6 days.
- Sleep: The mental shock induces sleep for 5d4 hours.
- Stun: The mental shock stuns the victim for 2d4 x 10 minutes.
- Confuse: The victim acts as if a confusion spell were affecting him for 1d4 x 10 minutes.
- Enrage: The victim goes into a berserk fury, attacking the nearest being, friend or foe. The rage lasts 2d4 rounds, during which the victim has no mind for action other than all-out physical attack.
- Panic: The victim becomes panicked for 2d4 rounds, affected as if cause fear had been cast upon him.
- Feeblemind: The victim is affected as the spell of the same name until the affliction is removed using heal, restoration, or similar magic.
- Insanity: The victim is affected by one or more forms of mental affliction. These may be anything, from phobias to psychoses, but are always severe in manifestation. Permanent insanity remains until removed, and two afflictions will arise. Temporary insanity remains until either removed or 2d6 weeks have elapsed, and again two afflictions will manifest. Mild insanity lasts 1d4 weeks, or until removed, and but one affliction will be suffered.
Su-monsters can only use this attack six times per day.
Su-monsters prefer to attack by hanging from their prehensile tails, bringing all four of their claws and their bite to bear against a foe.