Seven-Headed Juggernaut (CR 15)
Alignment: Always neutral
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Languages: Cannot speak
AC: 34 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +34 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 32
Hit Dice: 45d10+60 (hp 307 hp); DR: 15/magic adamantine
Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +4
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 20 ft./20 ft.
Base Attack +33; Grapple +56
Attack: Bite +8 melee
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee
Damage: Bite 2d8+22/18-20/x3)
Special Attacks/Actions: Augmented critical, breath weapons, trample 2d6+22 plus 4d6 fire
Abilities: Str 40, Dex 14, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Special Qualities: Construct traits, heat, immunity to magic
Advancement: 46-60 HD (Gargantuan) 60-135 HD (Colossal)
When active, the seven-headed juggernaut typically charges into melee, beginning combat with a trample attack. It can actually only bite with one of its heads, but the other six can generate devastating breath weapon attacks, each once per round. The seven-headed juggernaut uses these weapons against ranged foes.
Augmented Criticals (Ex): The seven-headed juggernaut's bite threatens a critical hit on a roll of 18-20 and inflicts X3 damage on a confirmed critical hit.
Breath Weapons (Su): Six of the juggernaut's heads can employ breath weapons - each head may use its breath weapon once per round. The save DCs for all breath weapons are Constitution-based. The breath weapons have the following effects:
- Fire gout: 30-foot cone, damage 5d10 fire, Reflex DC 32 half
- Cold beam: 40-foot line, damage 8d10 cold, Reflex DC 32 half. A creature that fails to save also takes 1d6 points of Dexterity damage as his body becomes numb.
- Poison spray: 20-foot cone, damage 1d6 Constitution and 1d6 Strength, Fortitude DC 32 negates.
- Slowing gas: 20-foot by 20-foot cube, slowed for 2d4 rounds, Fortitude DC 32 negates.
- Lightning cage: One creature within 60 feet must make a DC 32 Reflex save or be caught in an electrified forcecage. The lightning cage inflicts 2d6 electricity damage on its prisoner each round, and a like amount to anyone who touches it. The cage persists for 2d6 rounds, and can be destroyed as Wit were a wall of force.
- Shimmering light: This 30-foot cone of light acts as an area dispel version of greater dispelling that functions at caster level 20th.
Trample (Ex): Reflex half DC 47. The save DC is Strength-based. The additional fire damage is from contact with the creature's superheated underbelly.
Heat (Su): When active, the juggernaut's underbelly glows a cherry red as it gives off tremendous heat. Any creature that attacks the juggernaut with natural weapons, unarmed strikes, or light weapons has a 50% chance of taking 4d6 fire damage from the heat.
Immunity to Magic (Ex): The seven-headed juggernaut is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
Cold spells that target the juggernaut deal no damage, but they do slow it and suppress its heat for a number of rounds equal to the level of the spell.
The juggernaut is affected normally by rust attacks, such as that of a rust monster or a rusting grasp spell.