Gnome, Forest (CR 1/2)
AC: 16 (+1 size, +4 chain shirt, +1 small shield), touch 11, flat-footed 15
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1
Speed: 20 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple -3
Attack: Long sword +2 melee; or light cross-bow +3 ranged
Full Attack: Long sword +2 melee; or light cross-bow +3 ranged
Damage: Long sword 1d6/19-20; or light crossbow 1d6/19-20
Special Attacks/Actions: -
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Special Qualities: Gnome traits, pass without trace
Feats: Weapon Focus (light crossbow)
Skills: Hide +4 (+8 in wooded area), Listen +1, and Spot +1
Advancement: By character class
Climate/Terrain: Any forest, hill, and underground
Organization: Company (2-4), squad (11-20 plus 1 leader of 3rd-6th level and 2 3rd-level lieutenants), or band (30-50 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 2-5 dire badgers)
Forest Gnome Traits (Ex):
- Low-light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Forest gnomes have the innate ability to pass without trace (as the spell).
- +2 racial bonus to saving throws against illusions.
- +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids and reptilian humanoids.
- +4 dodge bonus against giants.
Skills: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus to Listen checks, for their keen hearing, and to Craft(alchemy) checks, because their sensitive noses allow them to monitor alchemical processes by smell. Forest gnomes receive a +4 racial bonus to Hide checks which improves to +8 in a wooded area.