Glimmerfolk (CR 1/2)
Medium Outsider (Native)
Alignment: Usually true neutral
AC: 15 (+4 chain shirt, +1 light shield), touch 10, flat-footed 15
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +0
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +1
Attack: Longsword +1 melee or longbow +1 ranged
Full Attack: Longsword +1 melee or longbow +1 ranged
Damage: Longsword 1d8/19-20, longbow 1d8/x3
Special Attacks/Actions: -
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8
Special Qualities: Glimmerfolk traits
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Climb +1, Handle Animal +1, Hide +9*, Perform (sing) +2, and Ride +2
Advancement: By character class
Climate/Terrain: Temperate Forests
Organization: Solitary, team (2-4), or company (5-20 plus 2 3rd-level lieutenants and 1 leader of 3rd-7th level)
Glimmerfolk Traits: Glimmerfolk possess the following racial traits: +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
Glimmerfolk have an otherworldly grace that stems from their planar heritage, but they possess a frailty that makes them ill suited to the harshness of the natural world.
- Medium size, A glimmerfolk's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- Immunity to pattern effects,
- +2 racial bonus on Perform checks.
- +4 racial bonus on saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool or with the darkness descriptor.
- Bonus Languages: Auran, Common, Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Nimlis (Sp): All adult glimmerfolk have three globes of immaterial colored light, about 2 inches in diameter, which float within 1 foot of them at all times, These lights are called nimlis and are an extension of a glimmerfolk's life force. Nimlis slowly orbit glimmerfolk in random paths, usually just above their shoulders. Nimlis are a natural part of the glimmerfolks' existence and are thought of in the same terms most races consider hair color.
A nimli glows with a constant light equivalent to a candle. Since several lights usually surround them, glimmerfolk suffer a -2 penalty on Hide checks for each nimli they have active, Nimlis do not interfere with spells such as mirror image or invisibility.
As a standard action, a glimmerfolk can use one or more of her nimlis to cast a spell. Doing so causes the nimli to "burn out," fading from existence until the glimmerfolk has a chance to rest for at least 8 hours. After that time, any used nimlis reappear. A glimmerfolk using one of her nimlis can reproduce the effects of the spells dancing lights, daze, or flare. By using two nimlis. a glimmerfolk can cast color spray or magic missile. By burning all three nimlis, a glimmerfolk can cast mirror image.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
A subtype applied only to outsiders. These creatures have mortal ancestors or a strong connection to the Material Plane and can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be. Creatures with this subtype are native to the Material Plane (hence the subtype's name).
Unlike true outsiders, native outsiders need to eat and sleep.