Dwarf, Wild (CR 1/2)
Alignment: Usually lawful neutral
Initiative: +0; Senses: darkvision 60 ft., Listen +2, and Spot +2
AC: 12 (+1 size, +1 crude armor), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +0
Speed: 20 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +2
Attack: handaxe +1 melee; or blowgun +1 ranged
Full Attack: handaxe +1 melee; or blowgun +1 ranged
Damage: handaxe 1d4; blowgun dart 1d3, poison
Special Attacks/Actions: Dwarven traits
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 7
Special Qualities: Dwarven traits
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (blowgun)
Skills: Listen +2 and Spot +2
Advancement: By character class
Climate/Terrain: Warm forest and underground
Organization: Hunting band (4-24 plus 1 "blood" of 2nd- level) or clan (101-200 plus 3-12 "bloods" of 2nd-level, 2-4 "priests," clerics of 3rd-10th level, a "war leader" of 5th-7th level)
Treasure: 10% coins
Monster Manual (3E)
Wild dwarves use blowguns to fire poisonous darts at their prey or enemies. These missiles have a range increment of to feet, deal 1d3 points of damage, and are coated with sleep-inducing venom. Someone hit by one of these darts must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 14) or be injected with a poison whose onset time is 1 minute. The initial damage is as a slow spell, and the secondary damage is unconsciousness.
Wild dwarves also use halfspears, throwing clubs, and handaxes. They are immune to their own sleep poison. They also gain a +4 bonus on saving throws against contracting diseases native to their home jungles. They have heat resistance 5. Like arctic dwarves, the dwarves of Chult are Small.
Dwarven Traits (Ex):
- +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids, through special combat training.
- +2 racial bonus to Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities
- +4 racial bonus to Fortitude saves against natural poisons and poisonous gases.
- +4 dodge bonus against giants, through special defensive training
- Darkvision up to 60 feet
- Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus to checks to notice unusual stonework. Something that isn't stone but is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
Skills: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks and Craft or Profession checks that are related to stone or metal.