Dwarf, Glacier, Warrior 1 (CR 1)
AC: 16 (+4 scale mail, +2 heavy shield), touch 10, flat-footed 16
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 plus 3 (9 hp)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1
Speed: 20 ft. in scale mail, base speed 20 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +1
Attack: Dwarven waraxe +1 melee or light crossbow +1 ranged
Full Attack: Dwarven waraxe +1 melee or light crossbow +1 ranged
Damage: Dwarven waraxe 1d10+1/x3, light crossbow 1d8/19-20
Special Attacks/Actions: -
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6
Special Qualities: glacier dwarf traits
Skills: Climb -1, Intimidate +0, and Spot +0
Advancement: By class
Climate/Terrain: Cold mountains
Organization: Patrol (7-10 plus 2-5 2nd-level snow hunters and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or clan (30-80 plus 4-8 2nd-level snow hunters plus 30% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Glacial dwarves are hardy fighters and often use their environment to their advantage.
Glacier dwarves possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
- Size Medium.
- A dwarf's base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Icecunning: Glacier dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual construction or hazards in ice or snow. A glacier dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual construction or hazards can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a glacier dwarf can use Search to find ice or snow traps as a rogue can.
- Weapon Familiarity: Glacier dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: Glacier dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A glacier dwarf has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground.
- Cold-Tolerant: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against cold damage and cold effects. Glacier dwarves can exist comfortably in conditions from severe cold to hot.
- Glacier dwarves have no special resistance to poison.
- +2 racial saving throw bonus against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-arcs) and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to snow, ice, or special frostfell materials.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to snow, ice, or special frostfell materials.
- Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level adjustment +0.