Changeling, 1st-Level Warrior (CR 1/2)
Medium Humanoid (Shapechanger)
Alignment: Usually neutral
Initiative: +1 (Dex); Senses: Spot +1
AC: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather), touch 11, flat-footed 13
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will -1
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +0
Attack: Rapier +2 melee or light crossbow +2 ranged
Full Attack: Rapier +2 melee or light crossbow +2 ranged
Damage: Rapier 1d6-1/18-20, light crossbow 1d8/19-20
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 11
Special Qualities: Changeling traits, minor change shape
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Skills: Bluff +2, Disguise +0*, Intimidate +2, Jump +0, Sense Motive +2, and Spot +1
Advancement: By character class
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-4 plus 1 3rd-level leader), or clan (10-60 plus 30% noncombatants plus 3rd-level boss per 10 adults, 2 5th-level elders, plus 1 7th-level clan head)
Monster Manual III
Changelings are reluctant fighters, preferring to intimidate or bluff their opponents. When forced to fight, they fight defensively while assessing their chances of winning the fight. Changelings are nor above running when they find themselves in a losing situation.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against sleep and charm effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks.
- Natural Linguist: Changelings add Speak Language to their list of class skills for any class they adopt.
- Bonus Languages: Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Halfling, and Terran.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
Minor Change Shape (Su): Changelings have the supernatural ability to alter their appearance as though using a disguise self spell that affects their bodies but not their possessions. This is not an illusory effect but a minor physical alteration of a changeling's facial features, skin color and texture, and size, within the limits described for the spell. A changeling can use this ability at will, and the alteration lasts until she changes shape again. A changeling reverts to her natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals her natural form. Using this ability is a full-round action.
Skills: *When using its minor change shape ability, a changeling gets a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.
A shapechanger has the supernatural ability to assume one or more alternate forms. Many magical effects allow some kind of shape shifting, and not every creature that can change shapes has the shapechanger subtype.
Traits: A shapechanger possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- Proficient with its natural weapons, with simple weapons, and with any weapons mentioned in the creature's description.
- Proficient with any armor mentioned in the creature's description, as well as all lighter forms. If no form of armor is mentioned, the shapechanger is not proficient with armor. A shapechanger is proficient with shields if it is proficient with any type of armor.