Kelubar (CR 13)

Medium Outsider (Evil and Extraplanar)
Alignment: Often neutral evil
Initiative: +5; Senses: Listen +18 and Spot +18
Languages: Demodand, Abyssal, Common

AC: 27 (+1 Dex, +16 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 27
Hit Dice: 13d8+39 (97 hp); DR: 15/good
Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +10
Speed: 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +13; Grapple +18
Attack: Claw +18 melee
Full Attack: 2 claws +18 melee and bite +16 melee
Damage: 2 claws 1d4+5 plus acid; bite 1d6+2 plus acid
Special Attacks/Actions: Acidic slime, sneak attack +4d6, spell-like abilities, stench, summon demodand
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 18
Special Qualities: Acid immunity, cold immunity, outsider traits, poison immunity, evasion, fire immunity, SR 25, uncanny dodge
Feats: Dodge; Improved Initiative; Mobility; Multiattack; Spring Attack
Skills: Bluff +24, Concentration +19, Diplomacy +28, Disguise +4 (+6 acting), Gather Information +6, Hide +9, Intimidate +22, Knowledge (the planes) +18, Knoxvledge (local) +18, Listen +18, Move Silently +9, Sense Motive +22, Spot +18, and Survival +2 (+4 on other planes)
Advancement: 13-22 HD (Large); 23-39 HD (Huge)
Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground (Carceri)
Organization: Solitary team (2-4), or squad (6-10)
Treasure/Possessions: Standard

Source: Fiend Folio

Acidic Slime (Ex): The slime secreted by a kelubar adds +1d6 points of acid damage to each of its melee attacks. On a successful critical hit, this burst of acid deals +1d10 points of acid damage.

Sneak Attack (Ex): Anytime a kelubar's target is denied a Dexterity bonus, or when a target is flanked by a kelubar, the kelubar deals an additional 4d6 points of damage on a successful melee attack.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - detect magic, clairaudience/clairvoyance, fear, invisibility, Melf's acid arrow, spider climb, tongues; 3/day - fog cloud, ray of enfeeblement; 2/day - acid fog, dispel magic. Caster level 13th; save DC 14+ spell level.

Stench (Ex): A kelubar's slime reeks of filth and decay. All creatures (except other demodands) within 30 feet of a kelubar must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 19) or be overcome with nausea. This condition lasts as long as the creature remains within the area, and for 10 rounds after the creature leaves. A successful save means the creature is immune to that kelubar's stench for 1 day (but not the stench of other kelubars).

Summon Demodand (Sp): Once per day, a kelubar can attempt to summon 1d2 kelubars with a 40% chance of success or 1d4 farastu with a 60% chance of success. Summoned creatures remain for 1 hour, then return to their home on Carceri. A demodand that is itself summoned cannot use its own summon demodand ability for 1 hour.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A kelubar retains its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class even when flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker, and it cannot be flanked except by a rogue of 11th level or higher. It can flank characters that also have uncanny dodge as if it were a 7th-level rogue

Skills: Kelubars have a +4 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks.

Freedom of Movement (Su): All demodands gain the benefit of continuous freedom of movement, as the spell cast by a 10th-level spellcaster.

Poison Immunity (Ex): All demodands are immune to poison.

Outsider Traits: A demodand has darkvision (60-foot range, or 120-foot range for shators). It cannot be raised or resurrected.

Evil Subtype

A subtype usually applied only to outsiders native to the evil-aligned Outer Planes. Evil outsiders are also called fiends. Most creatures that have this subtype also have evil alignments; however, if their alignments change, they still retain the subtype. Any effect that depends on alignment affects a creature with this subtype as if the creature has an evil alignment, no matter what its alignment actually is. The creature also suffers effects according to its actual alignment. A creature with the evil subtype overcomes damage reduction as if its natural weapons and any weapons it wields were evil-aligned (see Damage Reduction).

Extraplanar Subtype

A subtype applied to any creature when it is on a plane other than its native plane. A creature that travels the planes can gain or lose this subtype as it goes from plane to plane. This book assumes that encounters with creatures take place on the Material Plane, and every creature whose native plane is not the Material Plane has the extraplanar subtype (but would not have when on its home plane). An extraplanar creatures usually has a home plane mentioned in its description. These home planes are taken from the Great Wheel cosmology of the D&D game (see Chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide). If your campaign uses a different cosmology, you will need to assign different home planes to extraplanar creatures.

Creatures not labeled as extraplanar are natives of the Material Plane, and they gain the extraplanar subtype if they leave the Material Plane. No creature has the extraplanar subtype when it is on a transitive plane; the transitive planes in the D&D cosmology are the Astral Plane, the Ethereal Plane, and the Plane of Shadow.