Elf (CR 1/2)
AC: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 small shield), touch 11, flat-footed 13
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1*
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +2
Attack: Longsword +2 melee; or longbow +3 ranged
Full Attack: Longsword +2 melee; or longbow +3 ranged
Damage: Longsword 1d8+1/19-20; or longbow 1d8/x3
Special Attacks/Actions: Elven traits
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Special Qualities: Elven traits
Feats: Weapon Focus (longbow)
Skills: Hide +1, Listen +2, Search +3, and Spot +2
Advancement: By character class
Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest
Organization: Company(2-4), squad (11-20 plus 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level) or band (30-100 plus 20% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants and 3 7th-level captains)
Elves are cautious warriors and take time to analyze their opponents and the location of the fight if at all possible, maximizing their advantage by using ambushes, snipers, and camouflage. They prefer to fire from cover and retreat before they are found, repeating this maneuver until all of their enemies are dead. They prefer longbows, shortbows, rapiers, and longswords. In melee, elves are graceful and deadly, using complex maneuvers that are beautiful to observe. Their wizards often use sleep spells during combat because these won't affect other elves.
Elven Traits (Ex): Elves benefit from a number of racial traits.
- Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow, regardless of character class.
- Immunity to magic sleep spell and effects.
- +2 racial bonus to Will saves against enchantment spells or effects
- Low-light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as a humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, etc.
- +2 racial bonus to Search, Spot, and Listen checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though actively looking for it.