Bladeback (CR 1)
AC: 15 (-1 Dex, +6 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +2; Grapple -3
Attack: Large morningstar +4 melee or 2 claws +4 melee; tail spike +2 melee
Full Attack: Large morningstar +4 melee or 2 claws +4 melee; tail spike +2 melee
Damage: Large morningstar 2d6+3 or claw 1d4+2, tail spike 1d6+2
Special Attacks/Actions: None
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 13
Special Qualities: Saurial qualities
Skills: Climb +6, Hide +4, Listen +7, Move Silently +4, and Spot +7
Advancement: By character class
Climate/Terrain: Warm forest and mountain
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-5), band (6-9), or tribe (10-60 plus 50% noncombatants, plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, plus 1 5th-level captain)
- +2 to save vs. sonic spells and effects
- -2 to save vs. gaseous spells and effects
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Cold Susceptibility (Ex): Saurials take double damage from cold.
- Saurials using weapons made for non-saurials have a -1 penalty to hit, and vice versa.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, others vary by location.
These creatures are scaly and usually cold-blooded. The reptilian subtype is only used to describe a set of humanoid races, not all animals and monsters that are truly reptiles.