Wondrous Items of the East
The Thayans manufacture many standard wondrous items in their secret workshops, but some of the more unusual items found in the East appear below.
A smooth stone token carved with runes on both sides, the breachstone need only be touched to a wall or barrier to create a passwall as cast by a 10th-level sorcerer. The breachstone's tunnel is 5 feet wide, 8 feet tall, and up to 10 feet long. The tunnel remains in existence as long as the breachstone remains in the passage, and it closes 1 round after the breachstone is removed. As with passwall, the breachstone can only create an opening in stone, wood, or plaster walls, not through metal or magical walls. (A wall of stone is not magical after it has been created.) The breachstone operates five times and then crumbles into dust.
Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Passwall; Market Price: 10,000 gp; Weight: -.
Circlet of the Wilderness
When placed on the head of a ranger, this band of braided strands of wood grants the wearer a number of spell-like abilities. Each function requires a different command word. At will - calm animals (DC 11), pass without trace, speak with animals; 3/day - summon nature's ally I, cure light wounds (DC 11); 1/day - summon nature's ally II, cure serious wounds (DC 16). These abilities are as the spells cast by a 7th-level druid.
The wearer of the circlet of the wilderness can also predict all naturally occurring weather within fifty miles of his current location for the next 24 houts, at will. He cannot predict the use of weather-altering magic by someone else.
The Simbul sometimes awards these wondrous items to Aglarondan rangers who have proven their loyalty to her and their country through some great act of heroism.
Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Pass Without Trace, Speak With Animals, Summon Nature's Ally II, Summon Nature's Ally I; Market Price: 50,000 gp. Weight: -.
The hathrans of Rashemen are known for traveling and fighting wearing elaborate masks. Often these masks are magical, and some of the more common types of hathran masks are listed here. A mask counts as a pair of lenses for limitations on wearing multiple magic items.
- Mask of Disguise: In its normal form, this mask is usually decorated with carved wavy lines and small, plain bird feathers. It functions as a hat of disguise, although it changes only the wearer's face (the mask also adjusts to accommodate the disguise, appearing as a circlet, comb, hat, or similar item worn on the face or head).
Caster Level: 2nd; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, change self; Market Price. 1,000 gp; Weight: -.
- Mask of Flame: This mask is red with flames drawn in black or orange. The wearer is protected by endure elements (fire) and may invoke a burning hands spell (Caster Level 5, DC 11) once per day.
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites. Craft Wondrous Item, Burning Hands, Endure Elements; Market Price: 5,700 gp; Weight: -.
- Mask of Mental Armor. This mask is painted with broad lines radiating from the eyes, each of which ends in a protective spiral. The wearer gains a +4 resistance bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects.
Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Spell Resistance; Market price: 4,000 gp; Weight: -.
- Mask of Language: This mask is covered with tiny letters in many languages and with pictures of strange creatures. A mask of language is created with three languages, and the wearer can speak, understand, read, and write those languages. The most common languages used are Chondathan, Shaaran, and Thayan Mulhorandi.
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Tongues; Market Price. 4,000 gp; Weight: -.
- Mask of Nightseeing: These dark gray masks are usually decorated with owl's feathers and stylized eye markings around the eye holes. They function exactly like goggles of night, granting the wearer 60-foot darkvision.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Darkvision; Market price: 8,000 gp; Weight. -.
- Mask of Protection and Resistance: These powerful masks are decorated with powerful abjurative symbols and the feathers of rare birds. Each acts as a combined ring of protection and a cloak of resistance, and normally the protective bonus of each of these powers is the same.
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Resistance, Shield of Faith, Caster Level must be three times that of the mask's bonus; Market Price. 4,000 gp (mask +1), 16,000 gp (mask +2), 36,000 gp (mask +3, 64,000 gp (mask +4), 100,000 gp (mask +5); Weight: -
- Mask of True Seeing: These masks are white with red markings under the eyes and on the forehead. They allow the wearer to view things with true seeing.
Caster Level: 10th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, True Seeing; Market price: 75,000 gp; Weight: -
- Mask of Water Breathing: This mask is decorated with blue and green waves or fish scale patterns. It allows the wearer to breathe water as if under the effects of a water breathing spell
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Water Breathing; Market price: 3,000 gp; Weight: -.
Robe of Rukhyon
This fine gold-trimmed robe of red brocade confers nondetection upon its wearer and also functions as a robe of resistance +3.
Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Nondetection, Resistance; Market price: 48,000 gp; Weight: 2 lb.
This very rare hathran mask is decorated with tiny fancy stones and painted with elaborate patterns. Its wearer can use charm person three times per day, confusion once per day, and dominate person once per day. The mask can also scintillate in a multicolored pattern for 1 round three times per day, which works like a gaze attack with a range of 30 feet. Creatures that succumb to the gaze attack (Will negates DC 14) are dazed for 1d4+1 rounds. The gaze attack is a mind-affecting pattern.
Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Charm Person, Confusion, Dominate Person, Hypnotic Pattern; Market price: 65,000 gp; Weight: -.
One of these rowboat-sized wooden boats can hold three people. They move through the water effortlessly at a speed of 30 feet upstream or downstream and are guided by verbal commands from a person who knows the activation command word. A witchboat can even be ordered to return to a previous location without a pilot or passengers, and the sight of such empty boats is common in Rashemen. Crafted by the Witches and Old Ones, these boats do not work outside the boundaries of Rashemen.
A larger variety of the witchboat, called a warboat, is made by applying the same spells to a well-crafted felucca (a two-masted Rashemi sailing vessel), giving it a speed of 20 feet.
Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Fly, Freedom of Movement, Permanency>; Market price: 20,000 (witchboat), 40,000 gp (warboat); Weight: -.