Magic Item - Random Magic Rod
Thunder and Lightning Rod
Constructed of iron set with silver rivets, this rod has the properties of a +2 light mace. Its other magical powers are as follows:
- Once per day, the rod can strike as a +3 light mace and the opponent struck is stunned from the noise of the rod's impact (Fortitude negates DC 13). Activating this power counts as a free action, and it works if the wielder strikes an opponent within 1 round.
- Lightning: Once per day, a short spark of electricity can leap forth when the rod strikes an opponent to deal the normal damage for a +2 light mace (1d6) and +2d6 points of bonus electricity damage. Even when the rod might not score a normal hit in combat, if the roll was good enough to count as a successful melee touch attack hit, then the +2d6 points of bonus electrical damage still applies. The wielder activates this power as a free action, and it works if he strikes an opponent within 1 round.
- Thunderclap: Once per day as a standard action, the rod can create a deafening noise, just as a shout spell (DC 14, 2d6 points of sonic damage, target deafened for 2d6 rounds).
- Lightning Stroke: Once per day as a standard action, a 5-foot-wide lightning bolt (9d6 points of damage, DC 14) can blast from the rod to a range of 200 feet.
- Thunder and Lightning: Once per week as a standard action, the rod can combine the thunderclap described above with a forked lightning bolt, as in the lightning stroke. The thunderclap affects all within 10 feet of the bolt. The lightning alone deals 9d6 points of damage (count rolls of 1 or 2 as rolls of 3, for a range of. 27 to 54 points), plus 2d6 more for the thunderclap. A single Reflex saving throw applies for both effects (DC 14), with deafness and half damage suffered by those who are successful.