Warshaper - General Prestige Class
This is a general Prestige class that may be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
Most martial characters rely on manufactured gear such as a sword and a shield or natural endowments such as teeth and claws to survive on the battlefield. The warshaper finds those options sadly limiting, instead growing and evolving her own weapons and armor to suit the threat at hand. Blessed with the ability to change form at a moment's notice, warshapers delight in surprising their foes by growing massive claws, armored skin, or other unpleasant surprises.
Warshapers must have some ability to change their form, and many are shapechangers such as doppelgangers and lycanthropes. Wizards and sorcerers who know the polymorph spell can take levels in the prestige class, as can druids who have mastered the wild shape class feature.
Most warshapers can change their outward appearance in the blink of an eye, so they don't stand our among the ranks of their allies. It's not until the soldier you're fighting grows a tentacle and fangs that you know you have met a warshaper.
Hit Die: d8
To qualify to become a Warshaper, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Race: Any (but see below)
- Base Attack Bonus: +4
- Special: Must be able to change shape in one of the following five ways:
- Change shape supernatural ability (aranea, hound archon, barghest, doppelganger, rakshasa, slaad).
- Shapechanger subtype (lycanthropes, phasm)
- Polymorph as a spell-like ability (astral deva, planetar, solar, couatl, marilith, bronze dragon, gold dragon, silver dragon, efreeti, leonal guardinal, night hag, ogre mage, pixie).
- Able to cast the polymorph spell.
- Wild shape or similar class feature (bear warrior, druid).
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.