Diabolist - Evil/Dead Prestige Class
This Prestige class uses elements that may not be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
The diabolist is one who has thrown in her lot with the forces of hell. Unlike the disciples of Asmodeus or other archdevils, the diabolist is not a servant of a specific powerful fiend, but instead is usually a mortal being who has seen the dark path as a means to gaining great power. She does not serve devils - she wants to be one.
Diabolists are usually wizards, but sorcerers, clerics, and sometimes bards seek such devilry. Diabolists usually develop a particular hatred for paladins and bland contempt for nonspellcasters.
Diabolists are often loners, but they occasionally work in sinister cabals. They usually seek political power as well as magical power. Diabolists often use their dire power to intimidate and destroy their enemies. Because of their diabolism power, they are particularly skilled at dealing with good foes, and they focus their power on good-aligned characters when possible. It is common for a diabolist to have devils working with her, but it is just as likely to find her with legions of undead, well-paid mercenaries, or fanatical cultists.
Hit Die: d4
To qualify to become a Diabolist, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Alignment: Lawful evil
- Skills: Bluff 3 ranks, Intimidate 3 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 8 ranks.
- Feats: Evil Brand, Corrupt Spell.
- Base Save Bonus: Will +5.
- Special: Must be able to cast shriveling.
- Special: The character must offer her soul - but not necessarily her loyalty - to the forces of hell in exchange for power. When the diabolist dies (permanently), her soul becomes the possession of a powerful devil. The devil uses the soul as it sees fit.
Book of Vile Darkness
Older Prestige class adapted to 3.5
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.