Deathwarden Chanter - Ghostwalk Prestige Class
This Prestige class uses elements that may not be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
The Deathwarden chanters are the most prestigious, respected, and mysterious members of the dwarven Deathwarden clan. They lead the rituals to prepare bodies for their journey into the afterlife (the Hallowing), and they direct the actions of other dwarves when the physical remains of their charges or the Veil of the Souls itself is threatened.
Most chanters are clerics or fighter/clerics. Sometimes a dwarf bard takes up the mantle of the Deathwarden chanter, and even less common are the paladins or rangers that become chanters. Members of other classes are either too undisciplined, too focused on the world of the living, or have incompatible philosophies with the Deathwardens. The chanters, like the Deathwardens as a whole, are an enigma to most people of Manifest. The common folk know that the dwarves protect the bodies of the fallen and guard the Veil of Souls, but none know their methods or why guarding the gate against the living is so important. As the leaders of the clan, the chanters are more aloof and reserved toward outsiders than all others and go about their strange business without feeling the need to explain themselves to those outside the clan.
Hit Die: d8
To qualify to become a Deathwarden Chanter, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Race: Dwarf
- Alignment: Any lawful
- Skills: Concentration 5 ranks, Knowledge (ghost lore) 3 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 3 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks, Perform (sing) 1 rank
- Feats: Iron Will, Spell Focus (Evocation).
- Base Attack Bonus: +4.
- Spells: Able to cast 3rd level divine spells.
- Patron Deity: Any but Orcus.
- Special: Must have participated in a Hallowing with the permission of the Deathwarden dwarves; must have destroyed one undead of 3 HD or more through the use of positive energy.
Older Prestige class adapted to 3.5
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.