Black Flame Zealot - General Prestige Class
This is a general Prestige class that may be applicable to the Forgotten Realms Campaign
A secret society of holy slayers devoted to the worship of Kossuth, the Order of the Black Flame is the hidden blade of the Firelord's faith in Thay. Trained in the rites of Kossuth's temple, the Black Flame zealots use stealth, divine magic, and the zeal of fanaticism to destroy those who have given offense to the Lord of Flames. Even the mighty zulkirs are not above Kossuth's wrath, since the order is a sanctioned and respected means for wealthy and powerful Thayans to pursue vendettas.
Clerics of Kossuth, monks, and particularly devout rogues or fighters most often become Black Flame zealots. A small number of the order's members are high-ranking clerics of the Firelord who keep an eye open for fellow devotees who seem like suitable candidates. Barbarians and bards tend to lack the spiritual devotion necessary for the class, druids and rangers are simply scarce in Thay, and sorcerers and wizards more often pursue arcane paths to power in service to Kossuth, such as arcane devotee. Paladins are simply incompatible with the Order of the Black Flame.
Hit Die: d6
To qualify to become a Black Flame Zealot, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Alignment: Any non-good
- Skills: Hide 8 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks
- Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (kukri), Iron Will,
- Spellcasting: Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells.
- Special: Sneak attack damage +1d6.
- Special: Kossuth must be the character's patron deity, and the character must slay an enemy of the faith for no other reason than to join the Order of the Black Flame.
All the Prestige Classes material is © Hasbro 2003, 2004 and used without their permission - so make them happy and buy the book.