Drow (CR 1)
Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Initiative: +1 (Dex); Senses: Listen +2 and Spot +3
AC: 16 (+1 Dex, +4 chain shirt, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 15
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1*
Speed: 30 ft.
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Attack +1; Grapple +2
Attack: Rapier +3 melee; or hand crossbow +2 ranged
Full Attack: Rapier +3 melee; or hand crossbow +2 ranged
Damage: Longsword 1d6+1/18-20; or hand crossbow 1d4/19-20
Special Attacks/Actions: Poison, Spell-like abilities
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 10
Special Qualities: Drow traits, SR 12
Feats: Weapon Focus (rapier)
Skills: Hide +0, Listen +2, Search +4, and Spot +3
Advancement: By character class
Organization: Squad (2-14); patrol (5-8 plus 2 2nd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level) or band (20-50 plus 10% noncombatants plus 1 2nd-level sergeant per 5 adults, 2d4 6th-level lieutenants and 1d4 9th-level captains)
Drow usually coat their arrows with a potent venom.
Poisoned Arrows: Fortitude save (DC 17) or fall unconscious. After 1 minute, the subject must succeed at another Fortitude save (DC 17) or remain unconscious for 2d4 hours.
Drow Traits (Ex):
- Immunity to magic sleep spell and effects.
- Spell resistance 11 + class level.
- +2 racial bonus to Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
- Spell-like Abilities: 1/day - dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire. These abilities are as the spells cast by a sorcerer of the drow's character level.
- Darkvision up to 120 feet
- Light Blindness (Ex): Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. In addition, they suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to all attack rolls, saves, and checks while operating in bright light.
- +2 racial bonus to Search, Spot, and Listen checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though actively looking for it.